Design System Examples Before You Step Into UI/UX Designs
Design systems in a user interface or user experience are a collection of UI components that can be reused while designing. They consist of the guidelines and practices a designer must follow while crafting a project. Consisting of design elements like buttons, text, etc., the design system examples give a framework for designers to work on.
Design systems are crucial for UI/UX designs because they are the reference that designers use while creating a design, and this ensures consistency throughout the work. It helps in making the design process more efficient and precise. Having understood what a design system is, you may wonder what it looks like. Every designer has created unique design systems made available by some brands or companies for public access. It helps other designers to use their design tokens and elements to create their pieces of work. Let us look into some of the inspiring design systems.
UX design system is also ranked for its performance and efficiency in the market. Since a design system offered by a developed application is crucial, a design system agency ensures its developers access this library of extensive components and create unique products.
Design System Examples that Inspire You
What is a much better way to explain something than giving examples? Here we look into the best design examples of the contemporary period which encapsulates the essence of designing and developing UI/UX:
Google Material Design
It is known for its influential and comprehensive design system; Google’s Material Design focuses on a clean, efficient, responsive user interface. The Material Design includes a collection of guidelines, UI components, design elements, consistent animations, and resources, which make it a go-to option for designers who want to build a website application or mobile app.
- Material Design gained its popularity for being a clean, minimalist yet aesthetic design. This design system has incorporated the creative use of shadows and motion to craft its work. Another noticeable aspect is that its visual language is spread to different platforms.
- The advantage of Material Design is its cross-platform compatibility.
IBM Design Language
One of the leading examples of a design system is IBM Design Language. Its primary focus on making the user interface design accessible to all and inclusive for all types of users. With a collection of different types of design elements, the IBM Design Language includes some of the exclusive design principles. Most of its design elements and components support user-centered design, which is clear and precise.
- The unique feature of the IBM design system is the wide range of design elements that promote inclusivity and accessibility.
- It has a vast collection of ready-to-use components, color palettes, typographies, visual elements, tokens, and more to help designers with the UI/UX designing process.
- Its accessibility is the most significant advantage it carries for itself because it is on par with the societal values and legal requirements of web designing.
Salesforce Lightning Design System
Unlike IBM’s design language, which focuses on accessibility, the Salesforce lightning design system primarily focuses on consistency of design patterns. The collection of UI/UX design tokens in Salesforce aims to help designers and developers create comprehensive, user-centric products.
- The Salesforce design system is apt to build enterprise applications that require a design system specifically designed according to the applications’ unique needs.
- Its key features include a comprehensive collection of design tokens and reusable UI components, which help in the designing process.
- The accessibility feature further helps the designers and developers maintain consistency throughout the design.
- The advantage of the Salesforce design system is that it is an excellent resource for developers who create B2B software.
- It helps with crafting an organized design process with pre-built components and reduced time for designing/ development.
Atlassian Design System
Renowned for designing popular product services like Confluence and Jira, Atlassian has a rich and comprehensive design system with a wide range of UI/UX design components.
- It also includes a collection of guidelines focusing on making product or service pages much more user-friendly, especially for complex technical pages.
- Its library of design components mainly aims to consist of components that help in a collaborative approach to product designing and features that help in project management.
- The critical advantage of the Atlassian design system is that it caters to the specific preferences of the software and focuses on productivity.
- Using rich user-centric perspectives for its design components, the design system focuses on product services that are easily adaptable by users.
Shopify’s Polaris design system benefits designers and developers creating e-commerce website applications, products, services, and more. Consisting of collective UI/UX components and well-organized design guidelines, Polaris is an excellent guide for designing consistent, visually appealing e-commerce platforms.
- Since the design system is a collection of components and tokens from an e-commerce application, these components also guarantee that they cater to the needs of user experiences.
- The main criteria for designing such systems are articulated according to user needs and crafting an easy navigation path.
- User’s interaction with the product or service will eventually lead them to interactive elements buttons, which require clarity of call-to-action and ease of usability.
- Shopify’s Polaris design system caters to all these needs, which makes it perfect for designing a consistent online shopping platform with zero errors.
- With visual elements like typography, color palette, and layout, designers can quickly develop aesthetic and professional websites.
Airbnb Design System – Design Language System
With the above design systems covering user experience, consistency, accessible components, and so on, Airbnb gained its popularity through consistent designs that are creative yet simple. With a balance between inclusivity and creativity, this design language system has many guidelines for mobile design and websites.
- Airbnb is more collaborative, with property owners adding their listings. This function can disrupt the web page’s consistency in other design systems.
- But in Airbnb’s design language system, this action by the customer does not influence the website rather, it retains the consistency in user experience.
- Airbnb design language system helps designers and developers build products and services in alignment with cohesive brand identity without compromising user experience.
Like Shopify’s Polaris, Ant Design is a design system from Alibaba. This design system is also intended for e-commerce platforms and web applications. They focus on developing a user interface design that is user-friendly and accessible to all users without any difficulties.
- This design system has an exhaustive collection of high-quality UI/UX components used for developing high-performance web and mobile applications.
- Being an e-commerce platform, it ensures its design is simple, clear, accessible, and scalable according to the application’s needs.
- The popularity of the Ant design system is credible to the components that help it build a performance-enhanced application faster than other website applications.
- Its high speed, user-friendly design, and easy navigation make it popular among users.
- This design system is a good choice for a large-scale e-commerce business that aims to create a platform from scratch and gain hyper-visibility amongst customers.
In the world of designs, designers, and developers, the design system is a powerful tool that helps them create excellent interactive and unique applications. With a comprehensive collection of UI and UX components, designers craft apps consistently and in the easiest ways. Not just for designers and developers, design systems are also a good source of learning and developing design skills in UI and UX. Students aspiring to work in this field can use this library of UI tokens, components, visual elements, and everything to understand how design systems function.
The design system in UX discussed here are famous for their unique features and how they have made the product more efficient. The seven best design systems like Google Material Design for consistency, IBM Design Language for accessibility, Salesforce Lightning Design system for enterprise market, Atlassian for productivity and simplicity, and Airbnb and Ant Design system for e-commerce are some design systems that you should be well-versed with.
Choose An Exceptional Designer
With so many examples of design systems, it can make anyone anxious, especially if you are new to the industry and just kick-starting. For companies looking for design agencies, here’s some good news for you because we have the perfect solution for all your queries in designing. Hogoco! Your trusted designing partner with unique solutions to every digital illustrative and developing problem.
As a UI UX design company in Bangalore, Hogoco has developed its experience through professionals and trained individuals constantly working to deliver an efficient product. Using their best skills and talent, they strive to bring out the uniqueness in your business through brand building and brand marketing with UI UX designs. To get a powerful brand identity within digital spaces, choose Hogoco as your branding partner. Worry less with a design company that caters to your unique needs.