Business Logo Design Tips and Tricks
Logo designing can be tricky if your client wants something out of the box and within it. Logos are not just emblems posted on posters, business cards, platforms, or social media; they epitomize a brand image.
To remember a brand name, customers look at the logo and then create a connection with the brand itself. And brand logos reflect the brand, its ideologies, authenticity, and credibility. As much as it represents a brand, it is also a way of not being any particular brand. It creates uniqueness and differentiation in a busy market.
But you may ask, there are so many brands in the market; how can I design an authentic and unique one? Worry not; here are some secret potions of logo design tips that can make your logo designing much more fun and creative:
Logo Design Concept Tips
Here are nine logo design tricks and tips to help you create the best logos for your brand.
1. Your Logo Is Your Brand Identity
A logo is all about the brand identity. The brand identity reflects what the company is, what the products or services are, etc. For example, look at the logo below –
We can see that the arrow under the brand name begins with A and ends at Z. This illustrates what the brand does, i.e., everything is available on its website.
- A logo is then a part of this brand identity because it forms the brand image.
- It is also a symbol of authenticity and uniqueness that creates recognition for the brand.
- A good logo will reflect the brand’s ideologies.
2. Keep It Simple
When we talk about Apple products, what’s the first thing about the logo that comes to your mind? A bitten apple, right? If I were to ask you, do you remember the logo of the luxury brand Versace, not many of us would know?
The difference is Apple logo is straightforward, and most of us relate to it, unlike Versace, whose logo includes Medusa. Both logos are a clear example of their brand identity but differ in terms of designs.
It is necessary to keep your logo simple, clear, and concise because it empowers your customers to remember the logo for a more extended period of time.
3. Be You, Be Timeless
Making a logo in a brand’s image requires authenticity and a timeless characteristic of itself. Using visual imagery, font, and colors that keep your logo memorable throughout generations is one of the key features of a good brand logo.
To make a logo timeless, here are a few logo design tips illustrators would use –
- Avoid using trendy illustrations or ideas because trends tend to change.
- Use neutral colors, shapes, and icons which remain constant through time.
- Portray your brand’s vision through your logo.
- When using cultural references, ensure it remains relevant over time.
4. Make It Unique If You Want Them To Remember
Uniqueness is a crucial component of a logo. If your logo cannot stand out in the crowd, then there are chances that people will forget your brand, even if the product or service is commendable. The uniqueness of a logo is associated with its authenticity and helps establish copyright or intellectual rights in the long run. So, you might ask,
How to make a logo unique?
- Create a logo that metaphorically represents your brand image.
- Use images that symbolize brand motive.
- Get a custom font that can be associated with the emotion of your brand.
5. Create In Black And White
Using black and white color tone for the first representation of your logo helps in the simplicity test. This color combination is versatile so that you can test its appearance on different platforms and gadgets. A logo that works well in black and white could be used as a final product.
- A black and white logo helps people with color blindness to remember your brand.
- It is also a symbol of conveying authority and creating uniqueness across cultures.
- It draws the viewer’s attention toward the shape or structure of the brand logo, unlike a colored one where they remember colors more accurately than the shape.
6. Colors Convey Emotions
So having spoken about black-and-white combinations, you may ask why use colored logos? A colored logo conveys emotions deeply rooted within brand identity and imparts what your product or service would be like. But one of the crucial questions is, what is the right color for your brand logo?
Here’s a table of what emotion does each color denote:
|Love, energy, passion, anger
|Calmness, trust, security, stability, wisdom
|Dell, Oreo, Nestle
|Warmth, happiness, optimism, cheerfulness
|Growth, nature, health, harmony
|Spotify, Starbucks, Heine
|Playfulness, excitement, warmth, creativity
|Sophisticated, mystery, luxury, royalty
|Sweetness, femininity, romance, compassion
|Durability, comfort, ecological, reliability
|Formality, mystery, power, strength, timeless
|Purity, cleanliness, clarity, openness
|This color is often used in contrast to black to form black and white combo
7. Embrace Vision With The Correct Font
The correct font is the path to clarity. Creating a clear brand image using the right font for your logo increases legibility and recognition. A customer will not bother to read if too many words are placed together.
Therefore keep your logo font –
- Clear and legible
- Do not include too many words
- Use big, bold fonts
- Avoid fancy fonts
A good font creates a sense of connection with your customer and allows them to remember and know your brand.
A logo must be compatible across different platforms and in various sizes. It should retain its essence if zoomed in or zoomed out, depending on the platform. Clear shapes and minimal details can help a logo maintain its original form.
9. Negative Spaces Are Breathers
Negative spaces or blank white spaces that are a part of the logo allow the designers to balance their creativity visually. It serves various purposes in logo design.
- Negative spaces simplify a complex design.
- It allows multiple layers of symbolism and brand identity.
- It is a characteristic feature of sophisticated and elegant logos.
- Develops a mysterious vibe for a brand.
Get The Right Design Agency
Are you looking for the most suitable design agency prepped with the best business logo design tips? Hogoco is at your help.
Hogoco is a design agency that designs and curates the best logos and other UI UX designs for brand identity. After thoroughly researching and understanding your brand, Hogoco provides the best creative and unique logo that becomes your company’s emblem, products, and services. Experts and professionals in the industry form logo design concepts.
With its experience in logo design, Hogoco provides a logo design cost that would be suitable and within your budget. Don’t hesitate, just Hogoco!