Learn And Get To Know Some Of The Motion Graphics Examples
Motion graphics is a form of visual communication that uses innovative elements through software to bring together animation and storytelling. This form of conveying information, advertising, or developing rhetorical features in readers is a powerful art form. This can be best understood through motion graphic examples discussed later in this blog.
With the rise in technology and the audience’s hunger for something new and creative, motion graphics has always been the mode for designers to serve sweet little treats like movie intros or drastic pieces like 3D animation. Now, you may wonder what exactly is included in motion graphics.
Motion graphics can consist of simple motion graphics, 3D, 2D, and After Effects motion graphics. These types of motion graphics are used in various platforms, industries, and for different purposes. Let us look into each type of motion graphics and some iconic motion graphics examples.
Simple Motion Graphics Examples
1. Infographic Animations
- Have you ever wondered how statistical data can be converted into engaging visual and creative representations? Well, this type of simple motion graphics is called infographic animation.
- Using a simple yet visually creative structure to represent statistical data diagrammatically is advantageous to many sectors that require presentations.
If you want a quick and simple infographics template, you can always use software like Canva, Venngage, Adobe, etc. These software are customized for users who want to design infographic animations quickly.
Here’s an example for you:
The following data is a record of reasons why one must exercise daily:
Reasons to Exercise Daily:
- Improve brain health
- Help manage weight
- Reduce the risk of disease
- Strengthen bones and muscles
- Improved mobility
This data seems boring. With infographic animation, it can be transformed into something like this:
2. Logo Animations
- Certain companies use logo animations to make their brand identity more creative and increase the chance of audience engagement.
- Making an animated logo increases the chances of a customer remembering your brand, especially with simple motion graphics.
- For example, the letters in Google form a transition with its colorful on-screen animation, and the swoosh in Nike are two creative logo animations.
3. Text And Typography Animations
- You must have seen a lot of flying texts and dancing here and there. Often, texts are presented using simple motion graphics in instances where illustrations are minimal and the key focus is on the text itself.
- Such typographic animations are often seen in famous media illustrations like McDonald’s, Apple, the title of Spider-Man, etc.
3D Motion Graphics Examples
1. Architectural Visualization
- Architects often use 3D motion graphics to build a three-dimensional look of the building they plan to construct. This gives a comprehensive idea of what the building would look like after construction.
- In this process, blueprints, interiors, and landscaping can all be achieved through 3D motion graphics.
2. Product Animations
- Brands use creative ways to build an outlook of the product they wish to sell. This sample is constructed through 3D motion graphics to see the comprehensive structure of the product, including all minute details.
- This kind of animation is often used in luxury cars, smartphones, and other instruments that have complex designs.
- For example, Aquaguard, computer processing units of various companies, etc.
3. Science Fiction Movie Intros
- Science fiction movies are creative, and they include a lot of fictional elements. To create these structures and landscapes, designers use 3D motion graphics.
- Crafting complex digital landscapes with visually realistic elements and integrating them with other motion graphics to produce a complete moving picture.
- For example, popular films like The Matrix and Blade Runner use 3D motion graphics for introductory videos.
2D Motion Graphics Examples
1. Explainer Videos
- You must have seen those beautiful explanatory videos on YouTube that use bold sketches to explain any concept. They create a network of ideas and then present a complete information map.
- This kind of explanatory video uses 2D motion graphics to simplify and present complex ideas in a more comprehensive and creative manner using animations.
2. Character Animations
- Cartoons like Mickey Mouse, Doraemon, and many more use 2D motion graphics to create characters and storylines that are expressive and appealing at the same time.
- Character animations are also used for explanatory videos, where designers believe that adding animated characters can improve the content and audience reception.
3. Music Videos
- Many musicians from the music industry use 2D motion graphics while crafting their songs. It helps them create abstract and innovative worlds that suit their musical expression and upgrade their outlook.
- This kind of 2D motion graphics in music videos can be seen in children’s music videos. While some other examples include “Strawberry Swing” by Coldplay and “Feel Good Inc.” by Gorillaz.
After Effects Motion Graphics Examples
1. Title Sequences
- Cinematic title sequences are often created using After Effects. Mainly, opening titles aim to capture the audience’s attention by giving a grand entry to the movie itself.
- “Panic Room” and “Se7en” are iconic opening titles.
2. Particle Effects
- Particle effects are usually used to create scenes with magical or speculative elements. Using particle dimensions within a starting area and moving across within a specific range creates animations.
- The famous movie series Harry Potter uses After Effects motion graphics to create the swirling chant of “Patronuses.”
3. Motion Tracking
- Motion tracking can be understood as recording the motion or movement of an object in real life and then applying that recorded motion to an object.
- Combining real-life footage with animated elements can be achieved using After Effects.
- The lightsabers in “Star Wars” and the heads-up display in Iron Man’s suit are examples of motion tracking.
Motion graphics is an evolving form of art and innovation. With this technology, motion graphic services have produced new varieties of designs and mesmerized their audience through animations. Whether through simple animations, 3D motion graphics, 2D motion graphics, or After Effects, it has the strength to craft and form entertaining animations.
Looking for a motion graphic agency? Rest easy, for we have a solution for you. With a commendable record of successful projects and customer satisfaction, Hogoco is a motion graphic agency that provides graphics service that best aligns with your needs. An expert team of designers with certified experience in designing and motion graphics are the creative minds that push the boundaries to craft a fantastic animated project for you.