Know More About the Latest Social Media Post Trends In 2023
Social Media can, at times, be challenging to cope with. Trends change so fast that one loses track of where the world is headed. As a content creator, one can often land into this dilemma of the current trend and what the viewers want.
Most content creators use creative and visionary content to have an engaging social media post. No matter how good the content is, it will not catch the audience’s attention without an extraordinary yet simple design. From questions of color combinations to formats, this blog post will share some of the latest social media post trends.
Trends Of The Time:
Have you run out of ideas for social media designs? Need to track the trends, we got you covered. Here are some of the latest social media post design trends from 2023:
A minimalist social media post design is a clean post design with only essential elements placed aesthetically. This kind of post crosses out irrelevant information and details to keep the post clean and straightforward.
How to achieve a minimalist social media post design:
- Use simple and clean content
- Make sure too much text is not used.
- Never fill the entire post space; leave some whitespaces to lay out the post evenly.
- Use a monochromatic or single-color palette, preferably pastel colors.
- Always use legible fonts.
- Using minimalist graphics.
- Apply hierarchy while doing the layouts.
2. Pastel Colors
Using pastel colors for social media posts often increases the chance of screen time for the audience. The light colors are more soothing, unlike heavy and graphical posts. It makes the post more pleasing and soft to the eyes, allowing the user to see the details of the post.
How to achieve a pastel-colored social media post design?
- Understand the color theory.
- Always use pastel colors that impart soft vibes and fit in the content that you are propagating.
- Now that you have chosen the right color, you must also look into how combinations of different colors supplement the overall look. You can use various online tools like Adobe Color CC, Khroma, etc.
- Choose a dominant color for your design that will be used for major designing and visual work.
- Use accent colors that supplement the prominent or dominant colors in a contrasting manner.
3. Illustrations And Graphics
Any social media post which uses graphic design and illustration to convey its message, product, or service falls under this category. It uses visual and animated content for posts. This post is often creative and involves artistic efforts to focus on the target audience.
How can you add illustrations and graphics as a design to your social media post?
- Understanding your target audience and their preferences.
- Before illustrating or graphic design, you need to chart out the concept you would portray through the social media post.
- Illustrate or Graphic Design – use any design or illustration software like Adobe Illustrator or Canva. Or you allow design agencies to do this work for you.
- Maintain a visual hierarchy for the illustrations.
- Use a storytelling technique.
Using visual elements like images, graphs, or charts to illustrate information is called infographics. Infographics are the easiest way to present your information visually in a simple yet effective manner.
How to create an infographic design for social media posts?
- Shape the objective and purpose of your post.
- Research and develop a solid chunk of information.
- Design the visual elements by choosing a similar color palette.
- Select a comfortable and engaging layout.
- Keep the infographic simple and clean. (Resize it according to the platform you post on)
Storytelling, social media post design, involves narrative sequences or stories for portraying various messages and purposes of the post. This type of post design is often captivating, and people tend to follow up when the stories or narratives are interesting.
How to achieve storytelling design for social media posts?
- Understand the purpose of the post clearly.
- Research, understand, and communicate with your target audience before creating content.
- Choose a suitable platform for posting your social media content.
- Use the SOAP format to structure and build your content.
- SOAP : Subject ; Object; Audience; Purpose
- Add emotions to your content so your audience can relate to the stories or narratives.
6. Sustainable And Ethical Design
Companies often choose to navigate their content through environmental ideas. In social media posts, the designs which cater to ecological consciousness and ethical values are called sustainable and ethical designs. This design promotes a product or service’s brand image and underlying ideologies.
How to create a sustainable and ethical design for social media posts?
- Know the ecological and sustainable processes.
- Create a simple yet powerful action plan containing possible solutions to the ecological crisis.
- Design transparent content because it is necessary to let your audience know your content’s target.
- Collaborate with influencers and company partnerships.
- Make the content engaging through narratives or visual designs.
A social media post which uses video for sharing content would fall under this category. Creating compelling, encouraging video content with deep thoughts is suitable for purpose-oriented social media posts.
How to create engaging video designs for social media posts?
- Know your target audience and the purpose of sharing this social media post.
- Video designs can include moving images in a static post or video content.
- Effective storyboard with solid characters.
- Use music and sound effects which enhance your content.
- Choose the correct video length according to the platform.
- Edit and proofread your video before posting.
8. Vintage Design
The fashion and trends of the 20th century inspire vintage designs. They are used to create nostalgic effects and aesthetically appealing content. 2023 has seen an increasing demand for vintage products as well. This design best suits social media posts about history, mysterious content, gothic facts, and more.
How to create a vintage design for social media posts?
- Look for vintage materials that suit your purpose for the post.
- Create storyboards or video content which support this design type.
- Use illustrations and graphics with vintage colors.
- The texture is an important part of vintage design.
- Use music, voice tones, and accents that fit a 20th-century dialect or conversation style.
9. Inclusive Design
Inclusive design mainly focuses on creating content for a larger audience by keeping diversity in mind. This design is diverse in nature and focuses on communities like disabled people.
How to create an inclusive design for social media posts?
- Know your target audience and its diversity.
- Include alt text for images as it helps users with visual impairment to read the screen.
- Use color palettes that are accessible and soothing for a diverse audience.
- Avoid any form of discrimination in terms of language, tone, or visual elements.
- Gather feedback to know the errors and evolve accordingly.
Designing Social Media Posts With Design Agency
Designing a creative and engaging social media post requires much effort and technological work. You can use design agencies for this process as they have plenty of experience working with UX/UI platforms. One such design agency is Hogoco.
At Hogoco, we provide the best social media design post after carefully analyzing the market trend and the suitable design for your content. Our team of professional designers will put together the most engaging social media post designs that will keep your brand or company going with the trends. Make your social media post a trending one with Hogoco.