Know The Types of Branding
Marketing for your company branding, brands, and logos are very familiar to each of us when we talk about a company’s product or service. We often associate these terminologies with various products and services. A brand name achieves a certain degree of trust from its customers that they remain loyal to the brand. So what exactly is branding in marketing?
Branding is the process through which a product or service is introduced in the market. It develops support and establishes an emotional connection with the company. Branding is an important process for the company’s product launch because it is the medium through which customers learn about your product and remember it.
Branding marketing can be done in many ways and through different mediums. It could use songs, jingles, plotlines, or anything. There are different types of branding in marketing, and we will be discussing a few of them:
Categories Of Branding Marketing
1. Cause-Related Branding
Cause marketing or cause-related branding is a type of branding that uses a social or environmental cause to brand its product or service. This type of branding establishes a mutual emotion between the brand and the customer and uses this bonding to market its product. This type of branding not only establishes a connection with customers but also achieves business objectives.
A Cause-Related Branding Is Conducted By:
- Firstly, by selecting an apt cause from a contemporary scenario.
- The next step is to design the campaign, which mainly propagates the products related to the cause and the message being advertised.
- Cause-related branding involves partnerships with other organizations that promote the exact cause. Therefore, increasing the credibility and distribution of the product.
- The next step is to clearly mention how the partnership works. It is necessary to explain to your customers how the benefits work and how their participation matters.
- Once the branding is done, do not end the process abruptly. Measure the impact of this branding movement and share a small gratitude to customers.
Brand collaboration is the type of marketing where two or more companies come together and market a product or service. This type of branding highlights the involved companies’ strengths and mutually benefits both companies. It helps in the expansion of market value and visibility amongst customers. Co-branding stimulates competitiveness and allows cost-sharing benefits regarding marketing expenses or resources.
Co-Branding Can Be Achieved By:
- Identifying your brand partner is crucial because you must identify which company suits your objectives and the benefits of collaborating.
- The next step is to understand your mutual objectives and then structure collaboration by focusing on the product, service, or cause used for branding.
- Coordinating branding and sharing your resources like marketing talents, distribution channels, and customer databases to expand your reach.
- Supplement the branding process using each other’s brand value, equity, and loyal customers.
3. Corporate Branding
The branding that promotes or markets an entire corporate identity is called corporate branding. This type of branding marketing differs from other branding methods because it focuses on the company as a whole rather than its products or services. Corporate branding is important because it helps the company build its identity on a larger scale and gain credibility.
So How Exactly Does Corporate Branding Work?
- The first step towards corporate branding is positioning your brand and identifying the strategy.
- Design a comprehensive brand identity and develop a powerful message that imparts your brand value.
- Keep your corporate branding process consistent by also including internal marketing amongst employees.
- Collective customer experience as it helps in designing strategies for the future
4. Cultural Branding
From the title, one can understand that cultural branding focuses on using cultural values and ideas to market products or services. This type of branding marketing establishes closer connections with customers because it approaches through the socio-cultural context of people.
This Type Of Branding Marketing Can Be Achieved By:
- Knowing your target audience and studying the various cultures related to demographic data.
- Using cultural symbols and beliefs in your products or services. You can also show how certain cultures resonate with your brand identity.
- Another form of cultural branding marketing can be through narratives from different cultures.
5. Digital Branding
Digital branding, or online branding, is the process through which a brand identity, product, or service is marketed through digital platforms. A significant amount of customers use various digital platforms; therefore, this type of branding marketing proves to be a convenient medium in the contemporary era. Digital branding marketing can make use of various online tools and techniques to popularize brand identity.
Some Of The Popular Digital Branding Marketing Include:
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Webpages – makes use of user interface design, i.e., UI design and UX, along with SEO and content for branding marketing
- Email marketing
- Online Advertisement
Digital branding is important because it has a larger audience compared to other forms of branding, given that our society has majorly evolved to the digital world. It provides a round clock accessibility and cost-effective branding by adapting to various market trends
6. Employer Branding
Branding marketing which achieves its goals by propagating a positive brand image of a company and its workplace is called employer branding. This type of branding marketing is used to strategically position the company as an active employer hiring top talents and thereby enhancing the company’s brand identity.
Employer Branding Can Also Include Creative Ways Of Branding Marketing Like:
- Encouraging your employees to create various forms of content that showcase work culture and environment.
- Organizing events and inviting people to visit your company.
- Conducting transparent communication and hiring process.
These are some of the creative ways in which employer branding marketing can be performed. One can always include ideas that are profitable in creating a brand image.
7. Luxury Branding
What do you think about the branding of famous products like Gucci or Chanel? They capture the essence of the product by marketing superior craftsmanship and luxury of the brand. This kind of branding marketing is called luxury branding. It mainly focuses on brands and brand image of high-end products that call for premium pricing and high status.
Luxury Branding mainly focuses on its credibility and superior quality, which makes a product unique amongst others.
8. Personal Branding
Branding marketing for oneself by creating an identity individually is called personal branding. This process focuses on developing the company’s message, brand culture, and credibility in the market. Personal branding helps in uniquely identifying amongst the crowd; it helps in improving market reach, networking, and so on.
Here Are Some Ways Through Which Personal Branding Can Be Achieved:
- Being your authentic self
- Identify your strengths and potential
- Design the brand identity and its goals
- Showcase your products and services
- A consistent presence in the market
9. Product Branding
Product branding is the most common type of branding marketing we come across in our everyday lives. It is associated with products or services offered by a company, mainly focusing on its qualities, strengths, functioning and benefits.
Product branding uses different ways of branding marketing for different products or services within the same company. Branding for each product can vary depending on the target audience.
10. Service Branding
Promoting a particular service offered by a company is called service branding. It includes the branding marketing of services provided, the features included, what the company does, the cost plan, and other important details.
Service Branding Can Be Achieved Using A Few Key Pointers Like:
- Research and study the company and its services.
- Include important features of the services provided.
- State how a particular company’s service is different from others in the market.
- Identify your target customers and conduct demographic research .
This type of branding marketing can be conducted through various mediums, including digital and non-digital platforms.
Unlock Your Brand’s Potential
Branding marketing is a complex process for some. But worry not because you can make this process easy by consulting the Hogoco branding agency. We provide all branding for your company and its products or services.
From understanding your brand’s identity to designing a branding marketing that suits your product or service, we provide top-quality services. Our designing process includes market research and deep analysis to study which branding is the best for your company’s product.
Hogoco, as a design agency, provides well-structured branding marketing that fits the mission and vision of your company. Hogoco will be your branding marketing partner!