Master The Essential UI/UX Design Tips For Your Web Application
User interface and user experience design are two crucial web application elements. To create a UI/UX design and to optimize for complete performance requires a professional level of mastery and, of course, some UI/UX design tips that can save you from leaving it incomplete. Well, masters of UI/UX designs are plenty out there, but have you wondered what makes their mastery so efficient? Here’s a quick understanding of what goes behind this mastery.
UI/UX designers use various software, technologies, and designs to create a complete brand image of a company through user interfaces and user experience. While the user interface deals with the face of the web application (basically visual elements), the user experience is more concerned with information architecture and prototyping (the working element of a web application).
There are several ways of crafting a complete web application UI/UX design, accompanied by some UI/UX design tips circulated through the industry. These tips help the designers to ensure branding marketing is done perfectly.
Let’s Dive Into The 7 Key UI/UX Design Tips
No art piece can be a complete work without some mysterious steps that led to the fulfillment of that work. Every artist has an element of surprise or ideas that motivate them through the journey of artwork, and some of the ideas are tips they follow. UI/UX design is no less than an art form that captures the brand identity and then creates a product or service in a web application. Here are some UI/UX design tips for designers to follow:
1. Understand Your Users
The first step of the UX design process is to research your target audience and understand them. This step gives a clear understanding of what the target audience expects and what their perceptions are. Begin by creating user personas and then move into conducting interviews with the target audience. Gather the data through this process. Study this data and analyze it. A clear understanding of the user can help you identify the correct strategies and methods that can be applied to the web app or UX design.
2. Keep It Simple And Clear
A UX design or UI design that is simple and clear will keep the user coming back for it. Making a design complex with lots of unnecessary information, layout, colors, and illustrations can make the UX/UI design clustered.
This clustered design will make your web app look very complicated, confusing the users. Use a color palette that suits the product or service and apply the layout accordingly. Keep the layout intuitive, easy to understand, and navigate through.
Here are some tips to keep web applications simple and clear:
- Remove unnecessary elements that cluster the layout of the web application.
- Always try to use clear fonts for text rather than fancy ones because fancy fonts can be visually appealing but difficult to read.
- Ensure that the color palette is minimalist.
- Use color psychology and theory to create the palette rather than crafting a random color combination.
- Try to keep the layout of the web application clean and clear by grouping/segregating them according to functions.
3. Maintain Consistency
A UX/UI design can achieve an optimized look by maintaining consistency through the web app. Consistency means familiarity because when consistent layouts, navigation, colors, and typography are used, the user becomes familiar with the web app. It also helps the web app to create a user-friendly persona and mental model.
Here’s how to maintain UI/UX design consistency in web applications:
- Before starting the designing process, create a style guide to ensure no confusion regarding typography, color palette, etc.
- If the design is moving slowly, one can use design patterns.
- Craft and use a design library of reusable UI components.
- Get feedback from users above consistency of design. This will help to rectify and revise the design elements in the web app.
4. Mobile Responsiveness
Unlike the designing element of a web app, the web app must also be responsive constantly. It should be at full performance with all devices and platforms. Mobile users have increased with the advent of technology and the digitized world. This has, in turn, influenced a significant portion of web traffic from mobile users. Therefore, the web app must be responsive across all platforms. This can be ensured through multiple user tests and platform flexibility, which will help rectify any errors.
5. Increase The Accessibility
Accessibility is one of the crucial features of a web app design. It optimizes the user interface and UX design by allowing every user to access your web app. This feature mainly focuses on making the product or service available to all users, including people with disabilities, color blindness, etc. It focuses on making the web application UI/UX design work with layouts, colors, and typography that would be comfortable for all users.
Some of the ways in which the accessibility of a web design can be optimized are:
- Using semantic HTML
- Providing alternative text for images
- Crafting comprehensive and easy-to-understand accessibility guidelines like Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
6. Fast Loading Times
How often have you been frustrated when a web app loads slowly at its own pace? Well, it’s complicated. Similarly, users using your product or services would expect the web app to be faster and optimized. Loading time is the time a web application takes to load and make itself available for the user to achieve or perform their task.
Fast loading times can be achieved by following some tips like:
- Optimized performance in fast loading can be achieved by minimizing the HTTP requests.
- Further, using optimized images and content delivery networks can always ensure that your web app loads quickly.
- Choose a fast network provider.
- Test the loading time so the design can be revised and the user achieves optimum experience.
7. Design A Clear Call To Action
Web apps can be optimized by ensuring clear calls to action. This feature includes signing up, purchasing, or any other action-related command a user takes. One must remember that these calls to action or CTA must be user-friendly, easily accessible, and unique. This makes the web app more optimized by not delaying the command to process and thus helping the user fulfill their goals or target action.
Here’s how to design a clear call to action:
- Understand the ultimate goal of the page or section wherein the CTA will be placed. This will give a brief insight into what is expected.
- The CTA should be visually unique from other elements of the page.
- The text on the CTA button should closely resemble the action it performs. For example, “Sign Up,” “Purchase”, “Place Order”, etc.
- Keep the CTA text short and crisp.
- Although the text on the CTA button will clearly show what is expected to be achieved, it would be better if the button action is clearly explained to the user.
UI/UX Design As Profession
Are you a UI/UX designer looking for a company to work with? Then Hogoco can be your perfect match. With experience designing various UI and UX designs, the company has consistently delivered successful projects with top customer satisfaction. A team of dedicated professionals looking forward to delivering projects that can mesmerize its audience and upgrade your company to ensure optimum performance.
As a UI/UX design agency, the company strives towards achieving optimized performance for your web app through the seven essential tips. So, if you want to join a design agency or hire UI/UX designers, you can always choose Hogoco. Visit Hogoco, your best branding partner.