Know Everything About UI/UX Designer Salary In India
UI/UX designing is one of the fastest-growing job prospects worldwide. With its characteristic features like digitization, technology, marketing, branding, and perceptions, UI/UX designers are greatly sought after. To become a UI/UX designer, one must have several skills, including a bachelor’s degree in design. This has been discussed in detail in our previous blogs. But here we bring a comprehensive understanding of UI/UX designer salary in India.
UI/UX designers can be paid differently worldwide. Depending on the cost of living, location, company, expertise, and skillsets, the designer can be paid an average rate or a higher salary.
|5.5 lakh per annum
|7.5 to 15 lakhs per annum
|11 to 20 lakhs per annum
|16 to 30 lakhs per annum
The farther end of the salary mentioned in this table is the top salary provided by companies. These rates differ in India, considering the country’s living conditions and other factors vary. Therefore, it is necessary to look into the factors that affect the salary of UI/UX designers in India.
UI/UX Designer Salary: Factors And Prices
The UI/UX designer’s salary in India can differ depending on various factors and is determined by the project’s cost. These factors include experience, location, industry, and the specific company.
This is one of the crucial factors that determine the salary of a UI/UX designer. The higher the expertise of a designer, the more he gets paid. Experience in designing is directly related to the quality of work they deliver, which makes it easy for designers to ask for a higher price on each project. However, considering the wide range of experience, it can be divided into three subcategories, namely –
Entry-Level (0-2 years)
At this stage of being a designer, the job provides a salary that ranges from INR 3 to 6 lakhs per annum. However, this salary in India can vary depending on the state, city, and company.
Mid-Level (2-5 years)
With considerable experience, this stage of designing provides a salary of INR 6 to 12 lakhs per annum. This salary can vary depending on the skills and expertise of the designer as well as the complexity of the project.
Senior-Level (5+ years)
This is the stage in the life of a designer where he/she has achieved seniority in their work, and their salary now ranges from INR 12 to 20 lakhs. It is also interesting to note that this salary range can differ depending on the companies with well-known brands offering higher salaries.
Within India, your job’s location plays a significant role in determining your salary. Even a simple job can have higher salaries in a metropolitan city as compared to the same position in a smaller city. Similarly, for a UI/UX designer, the salary in India is also determined by the place, contributing to the cost of living and demand for talent. Location as an external factor can categorized as follows:
Metropolitan Cities (Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, etc)
UI/UX designers who live and find jobs in metropolitan cities are expected to have higher salaries, which are often 20 to 30% higher than the national average. This factor is contributed by additional elements like cost of living, demand for individuals for jobs, the companies, etc.
Tier 2 and Tier 3 Cities
In cities that are categorized as tier 2 (population of 50,000 to 1,00,000) and tier 3 (20,000 to 50,000) the salary is comparatively less due to the difference in living expenses and other factors.
UI/UX designers are required in every industry for user experience, and user interface works that various sectors demand. The salary can differ depending on the industry in which a designer works. For example, UI/UX designers working in the IT sector, finance, e-commerce, and healthcare must be paid higher salaries than other industries due to the complexity of their work.
The UI/UX designers working in the IT sector earn higher salaries due to the importance of user interface and user experience in technology products and services.
In India, startup companies offer a higher and competitive salary to attract top UI/UX designers for their company. However, one must remember that startup companies can differ in their conditions, and the salary can vary accordingly.
4. Skills and Specialization
Having an overall understanding of UI/UX design is different and unique compared to specializing in one type of design. But that’s not the only thing. Companies nationwide have a high demand for designers specializing in interaction design, user research, or mobile app design. Depending on the UI/UX designer’s roles and responsibilities, their salary can also differ. Designers skilled in every type of design have a higher probability of working independently as freelancers or starting as entrepreneurs.
5. Company Size
The larger a company is, the more they offer a salary at the same time, the more popular a company is, and the higher they pay their employees. Depending on the fame, brand identity, quality of work delivered, and definitely with this comes the company size, it is a given that the UI/UX designers will be paid handsomely. With these factors, you can get paid higher if you have a good chunk of field experience.
Depending on the education that a designer has completed, the UI/UX designer salary in India can differ. And the course a designer chooses to study also brings differences in how much they get paid in companies. An undergraduate degree in design can get you a salary range of INR 5 to 7 lakhs per annum. If the designer has a postgraduate degree in the same field, the salary can range from INR 9 to 12 lakhs per annum.
Well, you read it right. Certification holds a good value in the field of design. Getting certifications from various foundations or groups like Interaction Design Foundation, Nielsen Norman Group, etc will improve the probability of a UI/UX designer to increase their salaries. These certifications are proof of credentials, so there is a higher chance of customers or companies hiring you.
Depending on the above-stated factors, here’s a list of things you need to do if you are wondering how to become a UI/UX designer:
- Get a bachelor’s and master’s degree in UI/UX design.
- Learn the design basics and specialize in some of these design concepts.
- Create a portfolio and comprehensive resume.
- Brush up your skills with the latest skillsets and craft your creativity passionately.
- Build an extensive network with other designers, brand agencies, and individuals related to your field.
- Learn more skills through online courses and tutorials that teach the latest trends in UI/UX designs.
If you aspire to become a UI/UX designer but are unsure of the scope of this work, here’s a brief insight into the scope of UI/UX designers.
- UI/UX designers can work in this field with a diverse array of career options ranging from working in a company to design agency, freelancer or business of their own.
- The UI/UX designer job provides individuals with a career option that maximizes the chance of global outreach depending on their expertise and skills.
- UI/UX designers have a competitive salary range in the market, increasing considerably due to the higher demand for digitization and technology.
- UI/UX designers also have the opportunity to be entrepreneurs because their field of work allows them to work independently of a company or organization.
Here’s a bonus for you – Tips to increase UI/UX designer salary in India:
- Gain more experience and skills in UI/UX designing with the latest courses. The more you improve your skills, the better the chances of getting hired by a good company.
- Build your portfolio comprehensively because your portfolio is a resemblance to the best work that you have done within the field. It should encompass all your projects so far, including different internships, work experience, and companies from various sectors.
- Create a network with other UI/UX designers because they are not only sources for new trends and techniques but also a good resource for prospects of jobs and projects within UI/UX designs.
- Negotiate your salary but wisely. It is essential to take note of your salary concerning your experience, skills, and accomplishments when discussing salary concerns. You can be confident and assertive about your demands and ready to compromise.
Get The Best UI/UX Designer Job
If you have been looking for a UI/UX designer job, then Hogoco is your first choice. With years of experience in design, Hogoco has successfully delivered some of the best projects in user interface design for various brands and companies. As a design agency, Hogoco focuses on crafting supreme quality interactive designs that can upgrade the brand’s product and service. With a hardworking team of professional UI/UX designers, Hogoco is also an excellent place to start your design career. Under the guidance of some of the best experts in the industry, learn the tips, tricks, and simplest ways to solve complex problems in diverse sectors.